Tuk Tuk in Kypseli
A "beehive" in the middle of Athens!!
- Find out where the decisions and the business deals are made and get to know where you may enjoyh your leisure time at Kolonaki square.
- Learn about the harsh conditions of the German occupation and the uprising of the law school students against the Junta.
- Exarhia square: get to know where the most "misunderstood" square of Greece is located and where politics isnt just a word but a lifestance.
- Learn who the two most prominent buildings of modern Greek history, the National Archaelogical Museum and the Polytechnic School forged modern Greece.
- Explore the multifunctional renovated Municipal Market of Kypseli and become part of the social experiment being herld over there.
- Learn from our friendly staff anything you want about the place and its people.
- See the city and the people from a 360 optics on an open Tuk Tuk.
- Take photos stopped or on board which will accompany you for a lifetime. Tour through narrow streets where any other vehicle cannot pass.
An once middle class neighborhood has been transformed in one of the most intriguing places of the city, while being one of the most densely populated neighborhoods in the world with people from all around the world. TheWe will meet you at Syntagma then we will give you a ride through Kolonaki area which is the meeting place of businessmen, politicians and artists in order to have a look at the bourgeois place of the town.n you will have a “taste” of revolution passing through the Exarchia neighborhood, the headquarters of the anarchist movement en route to one of the most interesting places of the city. Riding through the traffic of Athens, we will pass in front of the National Archaeological Museum and the Polytechnic School of Athens, where the uprising of the students against the military junta took place in 1973.Both buildings were built after 1850s and they bare a lot of symbolism in terms of Neoclasical architecture and political ideology. At last we are inside the core of Kypseli (meaning beehive). Today there are no beehives over there, but you may experience the multicultural character of the district People from Africa, Middle East, the Balkans and the Caucasus have started a new life here bringing their customs and the tastes of their countries. You will have the opportunity to see how old Greek grandpas are playing tavli seating on the benches, while walking through the pedestrian area of Phokionos Negri. Seize the day and visit the newly renovated municipal market of Kypseli built in 1930 where you can buy artifacts made by the employees of social entrepreneurship projects, get informed on the refugees by the a Danish NGO dealing with this issue, eat on the spot or take some homemade marmalades or honey and other agricultural products,produced in small farms around Greece. If you feel hungry feel free to ask for a ride to the closest Greek, Turkish, Ethiopian or Kurdish restaurant.
- Kolonaki square (5 min)
- Exarchia square
- National Archeological museum (10 min)
- Athens Polytechnic school (5 min)
- Fokionos Negri str
- Kypseli Municipal Market (15 min)
Tuk Tuk Inclusions:
- Waterproof coat
- Bottled water
- Professional French, English, Spanish and Greek speaking driver
- Greek traditional delicacies
- Fees and taxes
- Photoshooting help
- English-speaking licensed guide
- On-line booking with free cancellation 24h before the tour
- On-line booking confirmation
- If it is possible we can arrange a different drop off location
- Capacity: 1-4 people (with a guide)
- A camera is recommended
- The duration of the tour depends on the traffic
- Start point is Metro station Syntagma (at the station's exit which is next to Greek Parliament on Vasilisis Amalias Avenue)
- Passengers must arrive in Start point 15min before the tour
- The tour is not recommended for people with large girth
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- The kind of Tuk Tuk you will ride depends on the availability. Tell us your preference in advance
- Near public transport (Metro Syntagma)
- Pets are allowed
- In case you are a group of 3 or more people you will make the tour with 2 Tuk Tuk. The red one with capacity for 3 people and the blue one with capacity for 2
- In case you
will make the tour with 2 Tuk Tuk the guide will be only 1
- Entrance fees
- Unavailable for People in wheelchair
- Baby seat
- Drop off and pick up service
- Large Luggage